1 of 15
Madewell's "Artisan" tees (madewell.com) are soft, weightless, and perfect for layering, says associate beauty editor Sarah Smith.
2 of 15
"J.Crew's cashmere sweater (jcrew.com) will keep you warm in the evenings," notes managing editor Talley Sue Hohlfeld.
3 of 15
The whole staff agrees: J Brand's crisp ankle-length pair (neimanmarcus.com) is good-looking morning, noon, and night.
4 of 15
A Cross-Body Bag
J.W. Hulme's "Mini Legacy" shoulder bag (barneys.com) is editor in chief Elizabeth Graves's pick: "It's timeless and virtually pickpocket-proof."
5 of 15
Senior editor Kelly Lack swears Soludos's breezy cotton shoes (soludos.com) won't ever give you blisters.
6 of 15
A Maxi Dress
Made of bamboo jersey fabric with sun protection, Mott 50's "Blanch" dress (mott50.com) dries faster than cotton. "Wear it with flats, or add heels for dinner," says senior editor Erin Wylie.
Swipe here for next slide
7 of 15
"It looks great as a top or beach cover-up," says editorial director Darcy Miller of Irving & Fine's "Tangier" peasant blouse (irvingandfine.com).
8 of 15
Stuart Weitzman's woven "Alex" sandals (zappos.com) are "so comfortable and go with everything," says assistant art director Britney Peterson.
9 of 15
A 2-in-1 Necklace
Let Lee Angel's "Paloma" necklace (leeangel.com) hang loose, or wind it around your wrist like a bracelet, says intern Alexandra Esposito.
10 of 15
Deputy editor Cara Sullivan cites dozens of uses for the TM by Tara Matthews wrap (net-a-porter.com): "It can even stand in for a bulky beach blanket."
11 of 15
A Sun Hat
Assistant managing editor Lindsay Brown loves that the Sydney "Diva" topper (magellans.com) rolls up for easy storage.
12 of 15
"This one will never stretch out, and you can use the top as a strapless bra in a pinch," says style director Kate Berry of Eres's "Show" top and "Cavale" bottom (nancymeyer.com).
Swipe here for next slide
13 of 15
Earrings with Impact
Melissa Colgan, associate style editor, digs BaubleBar's "Lemon Lotus" drops (baublebar.com). "They amp up any outfit," she says.
14 of 15
Bring a Scarf, Too ...
Whisper-thin wraps take up virtually no space in your carry-on and can be used in myriad ways -- unfurl one to ward off airplane chills, wear it as a colorful headband, tie it on as a sarong, or enlist it to bundle precious souvenirs for the trip home.
We love these (from top):
- Virginia Johnson (virginiajohnson.com)
- Nepali by TDM Design "Lulu Kaleidoscope" (nepalibytdm.com)
- Lemlem "Rustic" (lemlem.com)
- Club Monaco "Kiara" (clubmonaco.com for stores)
- Armand Diradourian (barneys.com)
- We Are Owls "First Sight" (shopbop.com)
- Bajra (Carleen Ligozio, 631-204-0104)
- J.Crew (jcrew.com)
15 of 15
... And Sunglasses
Whatever your style, there's a pair for you.
- Bottega Veneta's winged frames are old-school cool -- and suit just about everyone (solsticestores.com).
- The large, ombre-tinted lenses on Oliver Peoples' "Myriel" provide extra coverage for sun-phobes and 1970s devotees alike (oliverpeoples.com).
- Strong enough to withstand rough tote-bag jumbles, Karen Walker Eyewear's thick, juicy-hued "Patsy" glasses are the surfside accessory (gargyle.com).
- The hottest new color for sunnies? The now-you-see-it-now-you-don't nude of Cutler and Gross's "DFrame" (net-a-porter.com).
- Retro Dior's "Hatutaa" has plenty of 1950s moxie and looks great on a heart-shaped face (800-929-3467).
- More mosaic than tortoise, Thierry Lasry's "Kissy" is a refreshing new take on the timeless pattern (thierrylasry.com).
- Elevate geek chic to bright-purple heights with Spex Club's "Andy" rims. Their curved edges soften strong jawlines (spexclub.com).