Tools and Supplies
- 11-by-17-inch white or cream card stock (65-lb "Classic Crest" cover stock, paperpresentation.com; 8 napkin rings per sheet)
- Craft knife
- Metal ruler
- Cutting surface
- Double-sided tape
1. Print our PDF on 11-by-17-inch paper (if your home printer will not handle this size, copy the file onto a flash drive or a disk, and take it to an office-supply store with a printing service).
2. Use the craft knife and metal ruler to cut between the crop marks (do not cut all the way to the edges of the paper; this will leave the crop marks intact around all the edges to guide subsequent cuts).
3. Have your calligrapher write each guest's name on one end of the strip.
4. Place the stripe of paper between two stiff pieces of cardboard for transport, and slip them into an envelope. At the reception site, wrap the paper around the folded napkin, overlapping at an angle; secure with double-sided tape. Tuck a sprig behind the paper strip.