1 of 7
New York-based bridal stylist Jacqueline Weppner has one goal: to make her clients appear as if they've walked out of a magazine.
In 2009, Weppner started Merci New York (mercinewyork.com), a fashion- and event-styling service that advises brides on attire, reception design, and everything in between. Crib her tried-and-true tips for an aisle debut that's downright amazing.
2 of 7
Add a Little Sparkle
"Beaded belts are an easy way to dress up a simple gown. These are a few of my favorites from Untamed Petals, which also does beautiful custom work." Available at shopuntamedpetals.com.
3 of 7
Wear modern drops as your "something blue." Roberta Chiarella "Superstar," robertachiarella.com
4 of 7
Splash of Color
"Match your style with studs that look antique. Miriam Haskell "Luminescence Collection," miriamhaskell.com
5 of 7
Go Short for the Reception
"Many brides are slipping on a minidress for the party -- so fun and festive! If you go that route, change your hair and jewelry, too. Wear a veil for the ceremony, for example, and then put on a fascinator or fabric flower for the reception, or swap heirloom jewelry for something trendier. The subtle twists will help complete the transformation. As for the style of your second dress, try lace. It's bridal and feminine." Consider this Marchesa dress, chicparisienbridal.com.
6 of 7
Don't Compromise On Comfort
"Your shoes should look and feel great. You can dance all night in these glamorous Aruna Seth 'Liana' flats. If you prefer something higher, look for a platform or a stacked heel, either of which provides more support than a stiletto." Available at gabriellanewyork.com.
7 of 7
Think Beyond the Pashmina
"You can drape a scarf over your shoulders, but a capelet is more considered. I love the texture of Cassin's 'Tatiana.' The feathers are so incredible, especially with a sheath or a fitted dress." Available at cassincollections.com.
You Just Viewed
Expert Advice and Fashionable Finds from a Bridal StylistReplay
- 50 Best Love Songs of All Time
- 99 Top DIY Wedding Resources
- 14 Best New Wedding Dress Designers to Know Now
- 8 Celebrity Brides and How to Get Their Wedding Makeup and Hairstyle Looks
- 15 Common Wedding Traditions and Superstitions
- The Dos and Don’ts of Wedding Registries
- 12 New Rules for Dressing Your Bridesmaids
- Hanna and Bret’s Colorful Seattle Wedding
- Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Formal Destination Wedding in Lake Como, Italy
- 12 Chocolate Wedding Cakes That We're Sweet On
- 10 Most Common Wedding-Planning Mistakes Couples Make
- Delicious Wedding Cookie Recipes for Creating Bite-Sized Treats for the Big Day
- Bridal Shower Games That Are Actually Fun to Play
- 62 Top Floral Designers to Book for Your Wedding
- 22 Ways to Have the Best Honeymoon Ever