1 of 17
Tasha and D.W.
Writer D.W. knows the finer points of personal expression, but when he met Manhattan restaurant owner Tasha, he could barely summon a sentence.
2 of 17
The bride wanted her wedding to feel like a garden in the sunshine, so the invitation and itinerary (with perforated RSVP card) were letterpressed in moss-green and golden-yellow ink.
3 of 17
The couple cleverly inserted subtle references to their work throughout the wedding. For example, the groom addressed each invitation on a 1940s Remington typewriter that he purchased on eBay.
4 of 17
Mini-programs (the old typewriter's imprint was scanned and reproduced) tuck easily into a purse or pocket as a souvenir.
5 of 17
Bridesmaids wear white silk and lace dresses with yellow sashes by Melissa Sweet.
6 of 17
A young guest in pale-green tulle matches the garden theme.
7 of 17
D.W.'s younger brother, Mark, officiates. He was ordained especially for the event and improvised a traditional Irish blessing at his sibling's last-minute request.
8 of 17
Tasha and D.W. exchange vows before 115 guests on the lush grounds at Ledig House, overlooking rolling farmland and the picturesque Catskill mountains.
9 of 17
Vodka gimlets served as the signature cocktail.
10 of 17
Appetizers included cucumber-watercress and smoked-salmon finger sandwiches.
11 of 17
Vintage typewriter keys, most of them from 1920s Smith Coronas and Remingtons, are set on place cards to direct guest to their dinner tables.
12 of 17
The family-style menu, created by Tasha and catered by Tommy Carlucci, included some of the "greatest hits" from her Manhattan restaurant, Little Giant, as well as seasonal dishes and a few of the couple's childhood favorites.
13 of 17
The perfect start to the meal: a refreshing chilled minted pea soup.
14 of 17
Tasha wears a light-green cardigan to ward off the evening chill, while D.W. helps himself to seconds.
15 of 17
For dessert, 16 freshly baked pies, including peach, blueberry, cherry, strawberry-rhubarb, lemon, and apple, were sliced and served on charmingly mismatched white-and-yellow plates.
16 of 17
A jar of lemon marmalade and a few rich, buttery shortbread cookies were presented in tiny wooden baskets accented with patterned napkins and a wooden knife.
17 of 17
Ceremony and Reception Venue: Ledig House at Omi International Arts Center
Catering: Carlucci Catering, 518-392-3663
Pies: Our Daily Bread, 518-392-9852
Flowers: Kathleen Rohlfs at Chatham Flowers
Stationery: Bella Figura
Wedding Gown and Gridesmaid's Dresses: Melissa Sweet
Veil: Wedding Atelier
Groom's Attire: Haspel
Party Rentals: Rhinebeck Rentals and Something Different Party Rental
You Just Viewed
A Moss-Green and Lemon-Yellow Vintage Wedding Outdoors in New YorkReplay
- The Dos and Don’ts of Wedding Registries
- Bridal Shower Games That Are Actually Fun to Play
- 12 New Rules for Dressing Your Bridesmaids
- 99 Top DIY Wedding Resources
- 10 Most Common Wedding-Planning Mistakes Couples Make
- 15 Common Wedding Traditions and Superstitions
- Hanna and Bret’s Colorful Seattle Wedding
- Delicious Wedding Cookie Recipes for Creating Bite-Sized Treats for the Big Day
- 50 Best Love Songs of All Time
- 22 Ways to Have the Best Honeymoon Ever
- 8 Celebrity Brides and How to Get Their Wedding Makeup and Hairstyle Looks
- Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Formal Destination Wedding in Lake Como, Italy
- 14 Best New Wedding Dress Designers to Know Now
- 62 Top Floral Designers to Book for Your Wedding
- 12 Chocolate Wedding Cakes That We're Sweet On