1 of 12
Curling Lily CakeThis classic white fondant cake is rendered truly glamorous with elegant curling Calla Lilies. Only the bottom layer is meant to be eaten; the remaining tiers are Styrofoam, which keeps the flowers from touching the cake. Rubbing the stems between fingers renders them bendable.
2 of 12
Fresh Hydrangea CakeOriginally emblazoned on the possessions of monarchs, monograms still seem to have an aristocratic air. But this cake is anything but stuffy -- fresh green hydrangeas make it perfect for a casual spring or summer affair.
3 of 12
Pretty Pear CakeAn octagonal fondant-covered cake has mini marzipan pears with vanilla-bean stems.
4 of 12
Fresh Flower CakeFrom left, we used phalaenopsis, cymbidium, and 'Japhet' (we also hung them from the ceiling) to decorate these cakes. Added bonus: The cakes are delightful for decorating as well as for devouring. Small cakes like these serve as table decor as well as dessert.
6 of 12
Garden CakeA tisket, a tasket, a cake that's just fantastic. Chamomile, jasmine, aster, roses, scented geranium, and wax flowers dress up this classic cake topped with piped buttercream in a basket-weave pattern. A particularly sweet choice for a garden wedding, this cake definitely weaves a spell.
7 of 12
Daisy CakeThis charming cake is reminiscent of the flowered hats of the early 1900s. Sweet daisy clusters are tucked into grosgrain ribbon hat bands. The leaves are fashioned from gum paste in three shades of green and coated in sugar, giving them the look of mottled velvet.
8 of 12
Primrose CakeThis four-tiered cake takes its fanciful spirit from gowns with necklines, bustles, and hems adorned with colorful silk flowers. The flowers and leaves appear to support the weight of the tiers but are actually hiding the dowels that do the work.
9 of 12
Towering OrchidsThis majestic tower employs dainty edible sweet peas, which weave up the tiers of the fondant-covered cake. Fondant is also wrapped in green ridges around the base of each layer to interpret the orchids' verdant striations.
10 of 12
This fondant-covered cake decorated with hydrangeas is made of three graduated square tiers.
11 of 12
Hellebore Wreath Cake
This cake has a breezy, chic feeling, thanks to a free-flowing ring of flowers encircling its middle tier.
You Just Viewed
Green Wedding CakesReplay
- 10 Most Common Wedding-Planning Mistakes Couples Make
- 12 Chocolate Wedding Cakes That We're Sweet On
- 8 Celebrity Brides and How to Get Their Wedding Makeup and Hairstyle Looks
- 12 New Rules for Dressing Your Bridesmaids
- 14 Best New Wedding Dress Designers to Know Now
- 99 Top DIY Wedding Resources
- 62 Top Floral Designers to Book for Your Wedding
- 22 Ways to Have the Best Honeymoon Ever
- 15 Common Wedding Traditions and Superstitions
- Bridal Shower Games That Are Actually Fun to Play
- Hanna and Bret’s Colorful Seattle Wedding
- The Dos and Don’ts of Wedding Registries
- Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Formal Destination Wedding in Lake Como, Italy
- Delicious Wedding Cookie Recipes for Creating Bite-Sized Treats for the Big Day
- 50 Best Love Songs of All Time