3 of 14
Pulled-Sugar Ribbon Cake
These shimmering platinum-blue ribbon bands and this triple-loop bow were pulled and formed from sugar. The rectangular, fondant-covered cake is displayed on a hotel-silver tray with a traditional ribbon-and-cross border.
5 of 14
Robin's Egg Cake
Flecks of vanilla bean in buttercream icing give this cake the appearance of one of the most enchanting harbingers of spring: a delicate robin's egg.
8 of 14
Fondant that has been tinted ice blue blankets this cake, like snow in the shadows cast by a winter sun. Real pinecones flocked with royal icing and glistening with sanding sugar are accented with finely wrought chocolate pine needles; they add a natural-looking texture to the cake's modern lines.
9 of 14
The icing-like trim on jasperware, developed in England in 1775, translates well to a wedding cake -- piped here in royal icing. This cake and base were covered with fondant; gum-paste leaves adorn the base and top.
10 of 14
For a wedding by the beach, a coral motif is always in fashion. New York baker Gail Watson piped coral branches in royal icing on fondant-covered tiers. Cotton fabric pinned around the cake board echoes coral's other famous hue. Sand-color fondant blankets the board.
11 of 14
Asian-Inspired Wave Cake
On each tier of this modern creation by Wendy Kromer, a different wave design (three in all, impressed with double-thick rubber stamps) graces the fondant panels.
13 of 14
Stacked Monogram Cupcakes
In lieu of a more classic wedding cake, white cupcakes -- topped with swirls of sugary buttercream icing -- gain a sense of stature when placed on a tiered stand. Frilly lace-doily trim decorates edges.
You Just Viewed
Something Blue: Wedding CakesReplay
- 14 Best New Wedding Dress Designers to Know Now
- Delicious Wedding Cookie Recipes for Creating Bite-Sized Treats for the Big Day
- Bridal Shower Games That Are Actually Fun to Play
- 12 New Rules for Dressing Your Bridesmaids
- 50 Best Love Songs of All Time
- 99 Top DIY Wedding Resources
- 62 Top Floral Designers to Book for Your Wedding
- 22 Ways to Have the Best Honeymoon Ever
- 10 Most Common Wedding-Planning Mistakes Couples Make
- Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Formal Destination Wedding in Lake Como, Italy
- 15 Common Wedding Traditions and Superstitions
- Hanna and Bret’s Colorful Seattle Wedding
- 12 Chocolate Wedding Cakes That We're Sweet On
- 8 Celebrity Brides and How to Get Their Wedding Makeup and Hairstyle Looks
- The Dos and Don’ts of Wedding Registries