1 of 12
This fun, bright drink is as unexpected as the bird of its name at your wedding, but it can also serve a traditional role as your something blue.
2 of 12
A drink that can easily be dressed up or down, the Blueprint martini takes the crystal-clear, life-affirming qualities of vodka and adds what we choose to view as the antioxidant properties of the blueberry. The result: a late-night nectar that tastes good and at least sounds good for you -- whether it is or not.
3 of 12
Lanterns made of vintage Mason jars clad in ribbons of whatever color you choose exude homespun charm. Use them to illuminate walkways or arrange on a table with place cards or cocktails. (Beware: Jars get very hot.) To prevent sticking, fill vessels with 1/8 inch of water before setting votive candles inside.
9 of 12
Give a vintage bride and groom a new base, add a little blue paper, and call it your own. The most familiar topper becomes uniquely yours when embellished. We gave this classic couple a molded clay dais that was inspired by the intricate sugar-spun fretwork adorning toppers of earlier eras. (Vintage figurines have a lot of character, and they're easy to find at flea markets and online auctions.)See More Cake Topper Ideas
10 of 12
A Sweet Idea
The simplest touch of blue can ward off bad luck: Made of white chocolate by Christopher Norman Chocolates, these nibbles are displayed in miniature striped blue-and-white paper cups and set out on white china. As an alternative to a dessert buffet, the caterer could set a plate of the chocolates at each reception table.
You Just Viewed
Something Blue: DetailsReplay
- Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Formal Destination Wedding in Lake Como, Italy
- 99 Top DIY Wedding Resources
- 15 Common Wedding Traditions and Superstitions
- 10 Most Common Wedding-Planning Mistakes Couples Make
- Delicious Wedding Cookie Recipes for Creating Bite-Sized Treats for the Big Day
- Bridal Shower Games That Are Actually Fun to Play
- 8 Celebrity Brides and How to Get Their Wedding Makeup and Hairstyle Looks
- 50 Best Love Songs of All Time
- 14 Best New Wedding Dress Designers to Know Now
- 12 New Rules for Dressing Your Bridesmaids
- 62 Top Floral Designers to Book for Your Wedding
- 12 Chocolate Wedding Cakes That We're Sweet On
- The Dos and Don’ts of Wedding Registries
- Hanna and Bret’s Colorful Seattle Wedding
- 22 Ways to Have the Best Honeymoon Ever