Tools and Supplies
- Ink-jet or laser printer
- Card stock (try Paper Presentation's "Arturo" cover-weight paper, $13.50 for 25 sheets, paperpresentation.com; each sheet will create two table numbers)
- Paper trimmer
- Craft knife
- Cutting surface
- Bone folder
- Metal ruler
- Fabric (use a woven fabric, not a knit)
- Craft glue
1. Download our PDF file, and open it using Adobe Acrobat Reader (if you are using a Mac, use Reader instead of Apple's Preview application). Most browsers already include this program, but if you have trouble downloading the file or would like to upgrade Acrobat Reader, you can obtain the latest version of the software for free from Adobe's website. Print the appropriate page numbers on card stock.
2. Use a paper trimmer (or the craft knife and metal ruler) to cut each sheet of paper in half vertically. Cut out the numbers with the craft knife.
3. Score along the dotted line on each card with the bone folder, using the ruler to guide you. Fold each card in half along the score to create a tent (all the printing should be inside the card).
4. Cut fabric into 4-by-5 1/4-inch rectangles, one for each table number. Glue each piece of fabric to the inside of a card behind the cut-out number, with the right side of the fabric showing through the cut-out.