1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
2. Eligibility. Martha Stewart Living Radio Weddings Week 2007 Honeymoon Contest (this "Promotion") is open only to couples (each, an "Entrant") who are legal residents of the contiguous United States (the "Territory") and are 21 years or older as of the beginning of the Promotion Period (as defined below), and are engaged to be married. Limit one entry per couple, per e-mail address, and per household. Multiple entries submitted by an Entrant or any effort by an Entrant to misrepresent himself or herself through the use of aliases or multiple e-mail addresses will disqualify all entries of that Entrant. Entries generated by a script, macro or other automated means are void. Entrants who disregard these Official Rules are ineligible to win. Officers, directors, employees, contractors, representatives and agents of Sirius Satellite Radio Inc. ("Sirius"), XM Satellite Radio Inc. Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia and each of their respective immediate families and household members are not eligible to enter this Promotion.
3. How to Enter. This Promotion begins at 7 am Eastern Time ("ET") on 6/19/07 and ends at 5 pm ET (the "End Time") on 7/13/07 (the "Promotion Period"). To enter this Promotion, go to www.marthastewart.com/radio (the "Promotion Website"), complete the online entry form and click "submit" ("Entries"). Entries must be received by the End Time on the last date of the Promotion Period, entries sent by US Mail must be postmarked by 7/07/07. Sirius is not responsible for any misdirected, lost, late, inaccurate or incomplete entries, and such entries will be void. Sirius is not responsible for: (1) any computer, telephone, cable, network, satellite, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, availability, (2) garbled or jumbled transmissions, (3) service provider/Internet/web site/use net accessibility or availability, traffic congestion, (4) unauthorized human intervention or (5) the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information or the failure to capture any such information. All entries and other materials submitted by Entrants in connection with this Promotion become the property of Sirius and will not be returned or acknowledged. Proof of sending or submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sirius.
4. Prize. Sirius will award a honeymoon trip as such, courtesy of Apple Vacations: One seven-night trip for two adults at Iberostar Grand Paraiso in Riviera Maya, Mexico. Trip includes seven night accommodations, round-trip charter air, transfers to/from resort, meals, drinks and the assistance of an Apple Vacations Representative. Trip is valued at $ 3,000 and valid for travel through December 15, 2007. Taxes and additional expenses (such as optional excursions, spa treatments, phone calls, souvenirs) are the sole responsibility of the winner. Apple Vacations offers round trip charter air to Cancun from the following gateway cities: Baltimore, Buffalo, Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Dallas-Fort Worth, Denver, Detroit, Hartford, Milwaukee, Minneapolis, Newark, New York, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Rockford, and St. Louis. In the event that the winner is not from a charter gateway, Apple vacations will provide the least costly option; Scheduled air to the nearest charter gateway, or scheduled air to Cancun International Airport. The Prize cannot be substituted, exchanged or transferred, except that Sirius reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Sirius will also award a Queen 5000 complete Sleep Number bed system, courtesy of Select Comfort.
5. Drawing and Odds of Winning. In 250 words or less tell us your engagement story, including how you were engaged, and what Martha Stewart ideas you plan to incorporate into your wedding. The three couples submitting the most interesting and unique stories as judged by our weddings editors will qualify as Weddings Week contest finalists to appear in the question & answer round on Martha Stewart Living Radio during the week of July 16th, where the finalists will compete for the honeymoon prize vacation by answering a series of questions, which may include wedding trivia and etiquette questions. Entry essays may be sent in by one of three ways: upload: marthastewart.com/radio, email: radio@MarthaStewart.com (please put Weddings Week Contest in the subject line,) or US mail: Martha Stewart Living Radio “Weddings Week Contest” 11 West 42nd Street 25th Floor, New York, NY 10036, entries must be postmarked by 7/07/07 and received by 5 pm ET 7/13/07. Within 1 day after the end of the Promotion Period, a panel of judges, made up of Martha Stewart Living Radio staff, will select the three best engagement stories using the following criteria: 33% overall dramatic impression, 33% uniqueness of the engagement itself, and 33% incorporation of Martha Stewart ideas in the planned wedding. The three finalist couples will appear on Martha Stewart Living Radio either in-studio or by phone for the final round. The couple that correctly answers the greatest number of questions correctly and tallies the greatest number of points will win the honeymoon prize. In the event of a tie, the tying couples will be asked more questions until a winner is determined. In the event of a further tie, the tying entrants with the highest score in overall dramatic impact of the original essay will be named the winner.
6. Prize Winner. Each potential Prize winner and his/her entry shall be subject to verification and the requirements of these Official Rules. Sirius will notify Prize winners by telephone. If required by IRS regulations Sirius will require Prize winners to execute an affidavit of eligibility, publicity release (except where prohibited), liability waiver and/or IRS Form W-9 prior to the delivery of any Prize (collectively, "Affidavit"). If a Prize winner does not respond to the Prize notification within 2 days, is found to be ineligible, fails to execute any documentation required by Sirius and/or a Prize is returned as undeliverable, Sirius will consider such Prize winner to have forfeited the Prize and another Prize winner will be selected as time allows. Sirius reserves the right to modify notification procedures in its sole discretion, if necessary due to time constraints. If a Prize is won by a person who is not of the legal age of majority in his/her state of residence (a "Minor"), the Minor's parent or legal guardian will be required to execute the Affidavit on the Minor's behalf. All traveling companions must be 18 years or older, sign a release prior to booking travel, and if a Minor, must have a parent or legal guardian sign the release on his/her behalf. Sirius reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant for any reason, including without limitation, if that Entrant has not complied with these Official Rules or has interfered, in Sirius' sole opinion, with the proper conduct of this Promotion. Payment of all taxes is the sole responsibility of each Prize winner. Prize winners may be issued an IRS Form 1099 for the approximate retail value of the applicable Prizes. By entering this Promotion, unless prohibited by law, each Entrant grants to Sirius the right to use, display, distribute or publish such Entrant's name, likeness, photograph, voice, address (city and state), biographical information, and any material based thereon or derived there from, or to refrain from so doing, in any manner in any and all media, whether now known or hereafter devised, anywhere in the world in perpetuity in connection with this Promotion or as Sirius otherwise determines in its sole discretion, and for purposes of advertising or trade in promoting or publicizing Sirius, its products and/or services, without compensation. Acceptance of a Prize constitutes a waiver of any claims to compensation, royalties, or other remuneration for such use.
7. Use of Entrant Information for Marketing Purposes. By entering this Promotion, Entrant agrees that, unless Entrant otherwise opts out on the Promotion Website, Sirius or its designees may use Entrant's, physical and/or e-mail address to contact Entrant regarding Sirius' satellite radio service and other offers and/or promotions that Sirius believes may interest Entrant.
8. Dispute Resolution; Limitation of Liability. Each Entrant agrees to release, defend, indemnify and hold harmless Sirius, those working on its behalf, and each of their respective officers, directors, representatives, employees, agents, successors and assigns, from any damage, injury, death, loss or other liability, either at law or equity, whether known or unknown, asserted or non-asserted, that may arise from or in any way relate to any Entrant's participation in this Promotion or the awarding, acceptance, use or misuse of any Prize. Any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Promotion shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. This Promotion shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, regardless of principles of conflicts of laws that may require the application of the laws of another jurisdiction. Any action or litigation concerning this Agreement shall take place exclusively in the federal or state courts sitting in New York, New York, and each Entrant expressly consents to the jurisdiction of and venue in such courts and waives all defenses of lack of jurisdiction and inconvenient forum with respect to such courts. Each Entrant agrees to service of process by mail or other method acceptable under the laws of the State of New York. ANY CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND/OR AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THIS PROMOTION. ENTRANT HEREBY WAIVES ANY RIGHTS OR CLAIMS TO ATTORNEY'S FEES, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ENTRANT, WHETHER FORESEEABLE OR NOT AND WHETHER BASED ON NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE.
9. General Conditions. This Promotion is subject to all applicable Federal, State and local laws and regulations. By entering this Promotion, each Entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sirius, and to accept delivery of the Prize based upon availability. In addition, each Entrant represents and warrants that all information contained in his/her entry is true and accurate. Sirius is not responsible for any printing errors in these Official Rules. Sirius is not responsible for injury or damage to Entrants' or to any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating in this Promotion. In the event this Promotion is compromised for any reason (including computer virus, tampering, bugs, computer malfunction, fraud, unauthorized intervention or other causes beyond the control of Sirius) which, in the sole opinion of Sirius, corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper play of this Promotion, Sirius reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate this Promotion. Sirius is not responsible if any Promotion cannot be implemented or any Prize cannot be awarded due to delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, strikes, governmental action, natural disasters, weather or acts of terrorism. Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules, or attempt to interfere with this Promotion in any way in Sirius' sole discretion shall be disqualified. This Promotion is void where prohibited.
10. Promotion Sponsor; Obtaining a Winner's List. This Promotion is sponsored by Sirius Satellite Radio Inc., 1221 Avenue of the Americas, 36th Floor, New York, New York 10020. To receive a list of Prize winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope (except where prohibited), and a note identifying the name of this Promotion, after the Promotion Period has ended but within 120 days of the last date of the Promotion Period, to the address above, Attention: Promotions Department.