Shiny Chocolate Glaze
- One 1/4-ounce package granulated gelatin
- 2 cups cold water
- 3 3/4 cups sugar
- Three 12-ounce jars apricot preserves
- 1 1/2 cups best-quality cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 5 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
Soften the gelatin by sprinkling it over 1/2 cup cold water. Let stand 1 minute.
Using a medium pan over medium-high heat, bring to a boil remaining 1 1/2 cups water, sugar, and preserves. Add gelatin mixture, cocoa, chocolate chips, and chocolate. Bring to a boil; stir constantly for 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
Whisk until combined, about 3 minutes; strain through a fine sieve. Bring to room temperature before using.