Bite-size brownie cupcakes topped with round candies are the perfect addition to a dessert table. Just set them out for guests to gobble up.
- Yield: Makes 48 mini cupcakes
Source: Martha Stewart Weddings, Fall 2009
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 10 1/2 tablespoons (a bit less than 1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 3 1/2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 48 mini muffin cups with mini cupcake liners. Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl.
Stir butter and chocolate in a heatproof mixer bowl over simmering water until melted. Remove from heat; whisk until smooth. Let cool slightly. Return bowl to mixer. Add sugar, and whisk until combined, about 3 minutes. Whisk in eggs, one at a time. Add vanilla. On low speed, stir in flour mixture.
Using a 1 1/4-inch ice cream scoop, place level scoops of batter in cupcake liners. Bake until set, 15 to 16 minutes. Let cool completely before icing.
Spoon icing over cupcakes, covering tops completely. Let set, then decorate with round candies if desired.