Introducing a delicious concoction of gin, lime juice, and Champagne topped off with a splash of grenadine for a pink glow (we dipped the rim in lime juice and fine sanding sugar for a 1-inch-wide band of sparkle.
- 2 1/4 cups freshly squeezed lime juice (or 1 1/2 ounces per shaker), plus more for rims
- 1 1/2 cups gin (or 2 ounces per shaker)
- 1/2 cup superfine sugar (or 2 teaspoons per shaker)
- 1 bottle brut Champagne or sparkling wine (or 4 ounces per shaker)
- Fine sanding sugar, for rims
Mix lime juice, gin, and superfine sugar in a 2-quart pitcher; chill until ready to serve, several hours.
To serve, dip rims of glasses in lime juice, then sanding sugar, to coat with 1-inch-wide band. Measure 4 ounces Champagne into cocktail shaker filled with ice. Add 3 1/2 ounces lime juice-and-gin mixture, and shake; strain into 2 glasses, and add 2 to 3 drops of grenadine to each. Repeat.
SourceMartha Stewart Weddings, Winter 2010