Grilled Baby Corn
These baby ears are grilled, wrapped in basil leaves, and served on rectangles of dried corn husk.
- Yield: Makes 50
Source: Martha Stewart Weddings, Summer
- 1 1/2 cups olive oil
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 5 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons coarse salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground pepper
- 50 ears fresh baby corn, husked, or 5 to 6 15-ounce cans, drained and rinsed
- 50 medium fresh basil leaves
- 2 ounces grated Parmesan cheese
In dish, mix oil, garlic, lemon zest, salt, and pepper. Add corn; marinate 1 hour.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Transfer corn and marinade to rimmed baking sheet; roast until just warm, about 5 minutes.
Wrap a basil leaf around each ear, sealing ends with dab of marinade. Grill, seam side down, about 30 seconds per side. Top with pinch of Parmesan cheese.