Greek-Yogurt Panna Cotta
Make this Greek-yogurt panna cotta to go with our miniature tarts, a delicious dessert for a wedding or perfect to send home with guests as favors.
- Yield: Makes enough for 24 tarts
Source: Martha Stewart Weddings, Winter 2011
- 1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin (from 2 packets)
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon cold water
- 2 1/4 cups full-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
Sprinkle gelatin over the cold water in a small bowl. Let stand until softened, about 5 minutes. Whisk yogurt in a medium bowl to soften.
Combine cream, sugar, and salt in a small pan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, and then reduce heat to low. Whisk softened gelatin into cream mixture over low heat until dissolved. Pour mixture through a fine sieve into yogurt; whisk to combine.