Mini Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt.
2. Beat butter and sugars with a mixer on medium-high speed until pale and fluffy, 3 to 5 minutes. Beat in egg and vanilla. Reduce speed to low. Beat in flour mixture in two additions, alternating with the sour cream. Stir in chocolate chips. Cover, and refrigerate dough until firm, about 1 hour.
3. Using a teaspoon, shape dough into 3/4-inch balls, and space 1 inch apart on parchment-lined baking sheets. Flatten slightly. Bake until pale golden brown and centers are set, 10 to 12 minutes. Let cool slightly on sheets on wire racks, then transfer to racks to cool completely. Cookies are best the day they are made, but they can be stored in airtight containers for up to 1 week.