Darcy Miller, editorial director of Martha Stewart Weddings, shows us how to make wedding place cards, a very popular trend in weddings.
Tools and Materials
Download and print place setting template
Download and print name tag template
Wedding Place Card How-To
1. Print template on card stock.
2. Cut out on inside edge of square.
3. Fold in half to create a "tent."
4. For the name tag place setting: Fill in guests' names on center of tag, print on vellum paper, and cut out on inside edge of larger square.
5. Center vellum name tag on one side of card-stock tent
6. Lay tent flat and using a small hole punch, punch two holes through both pieces where dots are indicated.
7. Weave a thin piece of black ribbon through both holes from back of tent.
8. Take one side of ribbon and weave back through to create ribbon tie.
Special thanks to Darcy Miller, editorial director of Martha Stewart Weddings, for showing us this lovely wedding craft.